Outpatient and Ambulatory Care
Outpatient and Ambulatory Care Nursing opportunities are available throughout the Advocate Health Care system to help maintain our exceptional continuum of care. Our locations are convenient and easily accessible, providing responsive and well coordinated services that consistently put patients first.
It's no secret that our Nurses are the heart of our organization. From their countless hours of dedication to the amazingly genuine care they provide, our Nurses are truly one-of-a-kind. That's why, at Advocate, we're committed to giving our Nurses everything they need for an enjoyable and successful career.
Providing hands-on care, counseling and patient education
Here, you'll play a critical role in supporting patients who come to us for ongoing treatment. By providing hands-on care, counseling, and patient education, you'll be able to build important relationships with patients and their families.
At Advocate, you'll find that our Outpatient and Ambulatory Nurses are highly respected and enjoy a collaborative environment with all health care staff – often working side by side with the same physicians daily, thereby creating stronger bonds, better working relationships and more effective care.
As an Advocate Outpatient & Ambulatory Nurse, you will enjoy:
- A fast-paced, low-acuity environment that empowers our Nurses by giving them a strong voice and encouraging innovation and autonomy
- Greater work-life balance:
- Consistent hours
- Minimal coverage needed on weekends and holidays
- No "on call" for a majority of departments
- No overnight shifts
- 8-hr. shifts (12-hr. are shifts incredibly rare)
- Opportunities for mobility and advancement that only the largest fully integrated health care system in Illinois can provide
- Comprehensive and generous benefits package, including tuition reimbursement