Advocate Lutheran General Hospital is the leading health care provider in Chicago’s North and Northwest suburbs offering a Level I Trauma Center, access to national clinical trials and advanced medical technologies. As a nationally recognized academic and research hospital, patients have access to the most advanced treatment in the areas of cardiology, cancer, neurosciences, orthopedics and women’s health. Lutheran General Hospital is a member of Advocate Health Care, Illinois’ largest health care system and one of the nation’s Top 10 Health Care systems.
It’s more than a job, it’s a calling
REGISTERED NURSE – Medical Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (MCICU)
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, Park Ridge, IL
- 12 HR and 8 HR shift rotations (7PM–7AM and 11PM-7AM)
- Full Time (40 hour work week)
JOB and UNIT SUMMARY:
MCICU is a 32 bed unit that provides nursing care to wide scope of medical critical care patient population (i.e., respiratory, sepsis, stroke). Lutheran General is a level 1 trauma, full service teaching hospital with Magnet designation for Excellent in Nursing!
THE ADVOCATE NURSE strives to achieve:
Patient-Centered Holistic Care
· Uses evidence-based practice, clinical decision making, compassion and skilled dialogue, the registered nurse leads efforts to create the safest patient environment and the best patient experience.
· Delivers and coordinates patient-centered care across the continuum to support the successful transition of patients to other healthcare delivery systems or their home communities.
· Is responsible for providing and coordinating comprehensive patient care through the appropriate utilization of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation, in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- BSN preferred
- ADN acceptable with agreement to enroll in BSN completion program in two years to be completed in 5 years
- Minimum 1 year of nursing experience in Critical Care; will consider candidates with minimum 1 year nursing experience in medical/surgical and/or telemetry
- Certifications/education required for the nursing specialty - See Certification Addendum
- Current Illinois RN license
- Current CPR and ACLS maintained
JOIN ADVOCATE HEALTH CARE – RECOGNIZED AS ONE OF THE BEST PLACES TO WORK IN ILLINOIS!
About Advocate Health Care
Advocate Health Care, named among the nation’s Top 5 large health systems based on quality by Truven Analytics, is the largest health system in Illinois and one of the largest health care providers in the Midwest. Advocate operates more than 250 sites of care, including 12 hospitals that encompass 11 acute care hospitals, the state’s largest integrated children’s network, the state’s largest emergency and Level I trauma network, one of the area’s largest home health care companies, and the region’s largest medical group. Advocate Health Care has 4 teaching hospitals and is a not-for-profit, mission-based health system affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the United Church of Christ.