Advocate Christ Medical Center is part of Advocate Health Care, one of the nation’s leading health care networks. A not-for-profit, 749-bed, premier teaching institution with more than 1,200 affiliated physicians, Christ Medical Center is one of the major referral hospitals in the Midwest for a number of specialties, including cancer care; cardiovascular services; heart, kidney and lung transplantation; neurosciences; orthopedics; and women’s health. The hospital provides emergency care for more than 100,000 patient visits annually and has one of the busiest Level I trauma centers in Illinois.
It’s More Than a Job, it’s a calling!
OPERATING ROOM RN - BSN PREFRRED
· Christ Medical Center/ Oak Lawn
· 1.0 Full Time
JOB and UNIT SUMMARY:
- Level 1 Trauma Center
- Magnet Designated
- 26 Suites in the Main OR and 2 hybrid rooms
- 30 Minute call time
- More than 24,745 Surgical cases
- More than 1,104 Adult open heart surgeries
- Work with the robotic da Vinci
- Named to the Truven Health 100 Hospitals list
- Ranked by the U.S. New and the World Report as one of the country’s leading providers for cardiology and heart surgery
- Presented a national Outstanding Achievement Award in cancer care and service from the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons
- Designated a Blue Distinction Center for spine surgery, knee and hip replacement by BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois
THE ADVOCATE NURSE:
· Uses evidence-based practice, clinical decision making, compassion and skilled dialogue, the registered nurse leads efforts to create the safest patient environment and the best patient experience.
· Delivers and coordinates patient-centered care across the continuum to support the successful transition of patients to other healthcare delivery systems or their home communities.
· Is responsible for providing and coordinating comprehensive patient care through the appropriate utilization of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation, in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures.
Patient-Centered Holistic Care – The registered nurse is culturally sensitive and engaged with the beliefs and values of diverse populations. Nurses engage with inter-professional colleagues to deliver exemplary care. Lifelong relationships with patients and families develop to support achievement of health goals.
Clinical Excellence: The registered nurse contributes to inter-professional excellence which is represented by achieved clinical outcomes. Using evidence-based practice, clinical decision making, and skilled dialogue, nurses lead efforts to create the safest patient environment and the best patient experience.
Leadership: The registered nurse participates in leading healthcare transformation and the nursing profession with commitment, dedication, and expertise. Expressing vision, demonstrating accountability through shared governance, contributing to the profession, and coordinating inter-professional care are all characteristics of the registered nurse.
Compassion: The Advocate Nurse demonstrates presence with patients and families, practices empathy, and supports spiritual needs and beliefs. The nurse demonstrates respect and dignity always, and their presence is essential during the most vulnerable times. Nurses promote relationship development with communities to create strong partnerships and to improve health outcomes of patients and communities served.
Innovation: The registered nurse contributes to the future delivery of care to patients and to systems that support nursing. They embody the characteristics of inquiry, adaptability, change, and continual development, through performance improvement, evidence-based practice, and research initiatives.
Professional Growth: The registered nurse is committed to lifelong learning, building knowledge and skill sets to keep pace with new delivery models and a changing healthcare environment. This promotes practice to the full scope of their nursing license.
· Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
· Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
· Current Illinois RN license
· Current CPR
· Certification in your current area of specialty once meeting eligibility requirements.
· Good communication skills
· Good computer skills
· Good time management and organizational skills
· Familiarity with patient care equipment
· Ability to work weekends, holidays, and different shifts in order to accommodate staffing
· Certain positions may need to take call
· Ability to transport objects, patients, and equipment
· Ability to respond quickly to patient needs and work at fast pace
· Work environment includes probability of exposure to adverse, hazardous, or unpleasant conditions while caring for the sick
· Ability to assist in evacuation of patients in the event of a fire or other disaster
· Routinely works with potentially infectious specimens and patients
· Ability to respond to patients in a timely manner and access all areas of the unit
· Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used,
with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
JOIN ADVOCATE HEALTH CARE – RECOGNIZED AS ONE OF THE BEST PLACES TO WORK IN ILLINOIS!
About Advocate Health Care
Advocate Health Care, named among the nation’s Top 5 large health systems based on quality by Truven Analytics, is the largest health system in Illinois and one of the largest health care providers in the Midwest. Advocate operates more than 250 sites of care, including 12 hospitals that encompass 11 acute care hospitals, the state’s largest integrated children’s network, the state’s largest emergency and Level I trauma network, one of the area’s largest home health care companies, and the region’s largest medical group. Advocate Health Care has 4 teaching hospitals and is a not-for-profit, mission-based health system affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the United Church of Christ.