Advocate at Home offers comprehensive, quality home health and hospice care throughout metropolitan Chicago, surrounding counties and down to central IL. As Illinois’ largest, privately held home health care and hospice provider, we have the means and opportunities to enhance your worklife quality.
It’s More Than a Job, it’s a calling
REGISTERED NURSE HOME HEALTH
- Far South City & Far South Suburbs
- Day Shift - Weekends only
- Must be able to work one summer and one winter holiday
- FULL TIME
JOB and UNIT SUMMARY:
The Home Health division of Advocate Health Care is the largest home health and hospice services in Illinois and the RN will provide home care services to the homebound population and establish strong relationships with patients and caregivers in order to assist the patient in reaching their maximum potential. Advocate Home Health Services helps patients return home to continue the care that began in the hospital. Our team helps patients and caregivers become independent when managing their condition. The delivery of high level nursing care is critical to allowing the patient to remain at home and to preventing rehospitalization. All medical needs will be coordinated by the RN who is case managing the patient and utilizing the resources of the team, (i.e. social worker, CNA, MD, etc.)
- Document and connect with the care team thru point of care documentation.
- Required to make visits to private residences which may not be accessible to people with disabilities.
THE ADVOCATE HOME HEALTH NURSE:
- Assumes primary responsibility for the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care for assigned patients in the comfort of their own homes.
- Set goals which demonstrate a holistic approach to patients and families.
- Assumes leadership responsibilities at the unit level.
- Demonstrates a mastery of clinical skills.
Nurse/Patient Relationship: Develops and maintains a therapeutic relationship throughout the healthcare continuum.
Assuring/Improving Quality Care: Facilitates the patient and family’s right to receive quality, cost effective care.
Patient/Staff Education: Demonstrates a commitment to meeting the learning needs of patients and families. Utilizes appropriate resources to meet those needs and achieve positive patient outcomes. Assists in creating an environment that promotes educational growth opportunities for nursing peers and colleagues.
Nursing Process: Demonstrates the use of nursing process as a problem-solving model.
Leadership/Collaboration/Professional Development: Demonstrates respect and understanding for peers and other clinical disciplines and participates as an effective member of the patient care team to formulate an integrated approach to care. Demonstrates leadership behaviors and is committed to the development of self and others.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- One year of medical surgical experience in an acute or subacute care facility
- Current Illinois RN license
- Current CPR
- Earn 10.0 continuing education credits annually
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. Ability to assist with ambulation including turning and transferring patients up to 200 pounds.
JOIN ADVOCATE HEALTH CARE – RECOGNIZED AS ONE OF THE BEST PLACES TO WORK IN ILLINOIS!
This associate will work F-S-S-M and travel the western corrider communities
About Advocate Health Care
Advocate Health Care, named among the nation’s Top 5 large health systems based on quality by Truven Analytics, is the largest health system in Illinois and one of the largest health care providers in the Midwest. Advocate operates more than 250 sites of care, including 12 hospitals that encompass 11 acute care hospitals, the state’s largest integrated children’s network, the state’s largest emergency and Level I trauma network, one of the area’s largest home health care companies, and the region’s largest medical group. Advocate Health Care has 4 teaching hospitals and is a not-for-profit, mission-based health system affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the United Church of Christ.