Advocate Condell Medical Center has been providing high quality care to residents in the north suburbs for more than 85 years. It is the largest health care provider and only Level I trauma center in Lake County, Illinois. Advocate Condell is a non-profit, acute care hospital offering a full spectrum of medical services. This includes everything from obstetrics, radiology services and rehabilitation to open heart surgery, neurosurgery and oncology.
Advocate Condell has been named a 100 Top Hospital by Truven Health Analytics three times, and was recently awarded the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) prestigious Magnet designation. This designation is the highest honor and level of recognition ANCC awards to nursing services in national and international health care. Magnet designation is the gold standard by which nursing and patient care is measured.
Advocate Condell is accredited by DNV Healthcare as a Primary Stroke Center and also features an emergency department approved for pediatrics backed by the resources of Advocate Children’s Hospital.”
It’s more than a job, it’s a calling
REGISTERED NURSE Neuro
· Condell Medical Center, Libertyville IL
· Full Time, Three 12 hour shifts per week, everyother weekend and holiday.
Tower 4 is a 36 bed unit that cares for a wide variety of patients with our specialty being stroke/neuro patients. Our RN ratios are 1:5-1:6 RNs work 12 hour shifts . Our nursing experience ranges from new grads to 10 year plus.
THE ADVOCATE NURSE:
· Uses evidence-based practice, clinical decision making, compassion and skilled dialogue, the registered nurse leads efforts to create the safest patient environment and the best patient experience.
· Delivers and coordinates patient-centered care across the continuum to support the successful transition of patients to other healthcare delivery systems or their home communities.
· Is responsible for providing and coordinating comprehensive patient care through the appropriate utilization of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation, in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures.
Patient-Centered Holistic Care – The registered nurse is culturally sensitive and engaged with the beliefs and values of diverse populations. Nurses engage with inter-professional colleagues to deliver exemplary care. Lifelong relationships with patients and families develop to support achievement of health goals.
Clinical Excellence: The registered nurse contributes to inter-professional excellence which is represented by achieved clinical outcomes. Using evidence-based practice, clinical decision making, and skilled dialogue, nurses lead efforts to create the safest patient environment and the best patient experience.
Leadership: The registered nurse participates in leading healthcare transformation and the nursing profession with commitment, dedication, and expertise. Expressing vision, demonstrating accountability through shared governance, contributing to the profession, and coordinating inter-professional care are all characteristics of the registered nurse.
Compassion: The Advocate Nurse demonstrates presence with patients and families, practices empathy, and supports spiritual needs and beliefs. The nurse demonstrates respect and dignity always, and their presence is essential during the most vulnerable times. Nurses promote
relationship development with communities to create strong partnerships and to improve health outcomes of patients and communities served.
Innovation: The registered nurse contributes to the future delivery of care to patients and to systems that support nursing. They embody the characteristics of inquiry, adaptability, change, and continual development, through performance improvement, evidence-based practice, and research initiatives.
Professional Growth: The registered nurse is committed to lifelong learning, building knowledge and skill sets to keep pace with new delivery models and a changing healthcare environment. This promotes practice to the full scope of their nursing license.
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
· BSN preferred
· ADN acceptable with agreement to enroll in BSN completion program in two years to be completed in four / five years.
· Current Illinois RN license
· Current CPR
· Good communication skills
· Good computer skills
· Good time management and organizational skills
· Familiarity with patient care equipment
· Ability to work weekends, holidays, and different shifts in order to accommodate staffing
· Certain positions may need to take call
· Ability to transport objects, patients, and equipment
· Ability to respond quickly to patient needs and work at fast pace
· Work environment includes probability of exposure to adverse, hazardous, or unpleasant conditions while caring for the sick
· Ability to assist in evacuation of patients in the event of a fire or other disaster
· Routinely works with potentially infectious specimens and patients
· Ability to respond to patients in a timely manner and access all areas of the unit
· Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
JOIN ADVOCATE HEALTH CARE – RECOGNIZED AS ONE OF THE BEST PLACES TO WORK IN ILLINOIS!
About Advocate Health Care
Advocate Health Care, named among the nation’s Top 5 large health systems based on quality by Truven Analytics, is the largest health system in Illinois and one of the largest health care providers in the Midwest. Advocate operates more than 250 sites of care, including 12 hospitals that encompass 11 acute care hospitals, the state’s largest integrated children’s network, the state’s largest emergency and Level I trauma network, one of the area’s largest home health care companies, and the region’s largest medical group. Advocate Health Care has 4 teaching hospitals and is a not-for-profit, mission-based health system affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the United Church of Christ.