Advocate Physician Partners (APP) brings together more than 4,000 physicians who are committed to improving health care quality, safety, and outcomes for patients across Chicagoland and Central Illinois. APP is a leader in population health management and has garnered wide-spread national recognition for its innovative clinical integration program. Formed as a care management collaboration with Advocate Health Care, APP supports its physician members in managing the health of their practices with contracting, medical management, electronic medical records and other value-added services.
The Outpatient Care Manager serves in an expanded clinical role to operate in collaboration with patients' primary care team/office and partner with hospital care managers, post acute care managers, and other care partners to provide a model of care that ensures the delivery of quality, efficient, and cost-effective healthcare services.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Perform timely coordination of quality healthcare services to meet individual’s specific healthcare needs, maintaining and updating a continual plan of care
- Manage timely completion of activities on work list and file documentation to ensure necessary MCO and regulatory timeframe and content requirements are met.
- Understand and contribute to department’s defined Advocate Care measures and department KRAs
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- RN, LSW or LPN with 4-5 yrs of clinical experience.
- 1-2 yrs IPA, PHO, or HMO setting performing Utilization case management or referral authorization.
- Competent computer navigation skills.
- This position will require travel to Advocate locations when embedded in practice locations.
- Ability to stagger start/end times based on patient schedules
- Full Time
- Location: Elgin corridor down to Aurora
- Occasional Saturdays on call
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
About Advocate Health Care
Advocate Health Care, named among the nation’s Top 5 large health systems based on quality by Truven Analytics, is the largest health system in Illinois and one of the largest health care providers in the Midwest. Advocate operates more than 250 sites of care, including 12 hospitals that encompass 11 acute care hospitals, the state’s largest integrated children’s network, the state’s largest emergency and Level I trauma network, one of the area’s largest home health care companies, and the region’s largest medical group. Advocate Health Care has 4 teaching hospitals and is a not-for-profit, mission-based health system affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the United Church of Christ.