Advocate at Home offers comprehensive, quality home health and hospice care throughout metropolitan Chicago, surrounding counties and down to central IL. As Illinois’ largest, privately held home health care and hospice provider, we have the means and opportunities to enhance your worklife quality.
Title: Nurse Clinician II/Home Health
A Nurse Clinician II plans and sets goals which demonstrate a holistic approach to patients and families. Assumes leadership responsibilities at the unit level. Demonstrates a mastery of clinical skills. The RN staff nurse assumes primary responsibility for the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care for assigned patients. Advocate Home Health Services helps patients return home to continue the care that began in the hospital. Our team helps patients and caregivers become independent when managing their condition.
- Employee-Centric: Advocate voted Top 15 Places to Work in Illinois in 2016! Voted Top 10 Places for Diversity in 2016!
- Career Growth: Market Leadership: Advocate is the largest healthcare system in the state of IL, with 13 hospitals and 250 sites of care. Advocate at Home and Hospice is the largest Home health and Hospice program in IL
- Flexibility: Enjoy the ability to self schedule where you will be and at what times during the week while managing your patient population
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
- RNs will provide home care services to the homebound population and establish strong relationships with patients and caregivers in order to assist the patient in reaching their maximum potential. Patients will live in the Bloomington/Normal territory.
- All medical needs will be coordinated by the RN who is case managing the patient utilizing the resources of the team(ie., social worker, CNA, MD, etc.)
- You will document and connect with the care team thru point of care documentation
- Nurse/Patient Relationship: Develops and maintains a therapeutic relationship throughout the healthcare continuum
- Assuring/Improving Quality Care: Facilitates the patient and family's right to receive quality, cost effective care.
- Patient/Staff Education: Demonstrates a commitment to meeting the learning needs of patients and families.
- Utilizes appropriate resources to meet those needs and achieve positive patient outcomes. Assists in creating an environment that promotes educational growth opportunities for nursing peers and colleagues.
- Nursing Process: Demonstrates the use of nursing process as a problem~solving model.
- Leadership/Collaboration/Professional Development: Demonstrates respect and understanding for peers and other clinical disciplines and participates as an effective member of the patient care team to formulate an integrated approach to care. Demonstrates leadership behaviors and is committed to the development of self and others.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing; Current Illinois RN license
- One year of medical surgical experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good documentation skills.
- Computer skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Familiarity with patient care equipment
- Current CPR
- Phlebotomy skills
- Ability to rotate in on call schedule which includes weekends and holidays
- Work environment includes probability of exposure to adverse, hazardous, or unpleasant conditions while caring for the sick. Routinely works with potentially infectious specimens and patients
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds constantly
- Must be able to travel to all areas within the Advocate service area in all extremes of weather on all types of roads. Exposed to widely varying social and environmental conditions in patient's neighborhoods and homes. Must be willing to work occasional overtime if needed. Required to make visits to private residences which may not be accessible to people with disabilities.
- Must be able to assist with ambulation including turning and transferring patients up to 200 pounds
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case~by~case basis.
Please contact email@example.com
About Advocate Health Care
Advocate Health Care, named among the nation’s Top 5 large health systems based on quality by Truven Analytics, is the largest health system in Illinois and one of the largest health care providers in the Midwest. Advocate operates more than 250 sites of care, including 12 hospitals that encompass 11 acute care hospitals, the state’s largest integrated children’s network, the state’s largest emergency and Level I trauma network, one of the area’s largest home health care companies, and the region’s largest medical group. Advocate Health Care has 4 teaching hospitals and is a not-for-profit, mission-based health system affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the United Church of Christ.