Team Leader-Respiratory Care Practitioner Job ID 97737
Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center is growing through tremendous growth as a leading level one trauma center in the Lakeview neighborhood. The revised and more robust role of the Medical Education Program Administrator will report to the Director Medical Education (DME), the Medical Education Program Admin oversees House Staff Affairs providing administrative oversight and management for Administered, Sponsored, and Rotating Residency Programs at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center.
- Employee-Centric: Advocate voted Top 15 Places to Work in Illinois-2016! Voted Top 10 Places for Diversity in 2016!
- Career Growth: Illinois Masonic Hospital is a 300 bed hospital with additional services including a new start of the art Cancer Center.
- Market Leadership: Advocate is the largest healthcare system in the state of Illinois, with 13 hospitals and 250 sites of care.
- Clinical Leader: Illinois Masonic is a level one trauma, teaching and Magnet recognized facility.
SCHEDULE: Full-Time/Nights/40 Hours
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
The Respiratory Care Team Lead will coordinate daily activities of the respiratory care team to patients throughout the hospital. Monitors the performance of Respiratory Care Practitioners in their delivery of patient care services and behaviors. Leads team in assigned patient care activities. Assures proper distribution and balance of workload. Monitors the appropriate utilization of services, supplies and equipment. Provides self as a resource to staff members, as well as to other providers of patient care. Participates in assessment of the competency level of respiratory staff.
- Supports inter-departmental needs by serving as a liaison.
- Assures compliance with regulatory agency standards.
- Monitors the delivery of respiratory care to patients throughout the hospital
- Monitors the performance of the Respiratory Care Practitioner in the delivery of patient care services.
- Administers direct patient care.
- Participates in new associate orientation process and coordination of student activities.
Maintain appropriate human and equipment resources.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Graduate of an AMA approved program for Respiratory Care.
- Three(3) years acute care experience as a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
- One (1) year experience in Adult and Pediatric Critical Care.
- Must possess One (1) year experience in a charge or lead therapist capacity.
- Ability to assume charge role and have a strong clinical skill level.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Effectively work cohesively with diverse work group.
- Strong computer skills and have strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Hold the RRT upon hire and NPS (within 6 months of hire)
- Current BLS, ACLS, NRP and PALS within 6 months of hire.
- Licensed RCP in Illinois
- Ability to work within stressful conditions and difficult situations.
- Resilient and flexible in a changing environment.
- Great Critical Thinking skills.
- May be exposed to hazardous materials and life-threatening diseases.
- Ability to cooperate and work well with others.
- Ability to make sound and timely decisions.
- This position will need to recognize the needs and behaviors of a variety of age groups of patients treated.
- If position has direct patient care or direct patient contact the following lifting requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement effective 06/01/2015. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Recently Viewed Jobs
There are no recently viewed jobs
There are no jobs saved