Advocate Medical Group
Full Time Anti-Coagulation Clinic RN
Position will be located at Chicago, W. 103rd Street
- Employee-Centric: Advocate voted Top 15 Places to Work in Illinois-2016! Voted Top 10 Places for Diversity in 2016!
- Career Growth: Market Leadership:.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 2+ years of nursing experience
- BSN preferred
- Current RN Licensure in State of Illinois
- Current CPR certification
- If position has direct patient care or direct patient contact the following lifting requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement effective 06/01/2015. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case~by~case basis.
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
The Registered Nurse supports the physician(s) in delivering quality health care to ambulatory patients and performs a variety of clerical tasks to promote continuity of care
- Clinical Care and Health Outcomes: Provides support in the delivery of quality clinical care. Works with designated physicians to provide triage, telephone assessment and home therapies consistent with established guidelines.
- Funding Our Future:
- Patient Satisfaction and Service: Provides efficient high~quality service to patients who arrive for appointments or who telephone or visit in person to request appointments or information on tests and procedures, bills and charges, referrals and other matters
- Leadership and Professional Development: Demonstrates leadership activities in day to day activities and functions as a leader/nursing resource and role model for clinical support staff
Anticoagulation ~Assists in managing therapy for patients on anticoagulant medications.
1. Maintains INR in therapeutic range for patients taking warfarin by maintaining knowledge of factors which affect INR, by performing close monitoring, and by providing patient education.
2. Safely and efficiently tracks and follows up with patients on anticoagulation therapy, with the goal of reducing complications and hospitalizations.
3.Communicates with referring providers regarding indication, goals of therapy, or concerns with patient's health or therapy.
4. Develops plan of care with patient/family and updates plan according to change in needs
5.Arranges or performs laboratory testing with monitored response and therapy adjustment per protocol.
6. Provides education to patients and family regarding anticoagulation therapy.
7.Serves as a resource to clinicians on anticoagulation therapy.
8. Appropriately documents patient care and concerns as well as patient response and treatment in EMR.
9. Communicates with patients, home health nurses, health care providers in person or by telephone or via other communication methods to manage therapy.