Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, located on Chicago’s North Side, is one of the state’s largest, most comprehensive nonprofit medical centers. Illinois Masonic Medical Center offers a wide range of medical specialties and is nationally recognized for its medical expertise, use of the most innovative technologies and dedication to patient safety, quality and service. A commitment to community, medical education and ongoing clinical research affirms our mission of providing patients the highest quality care in Chicagoland, as illustrated by our many honors, including being named a 100 Top Hospital by Truven Health Analytics.
Hospital & Position Highlights:
- A 397-bed teaching hospital serving the Chicagoland area
- Lake View’s largest employer
- One of only four Level I Trauma Centers in Chicago
- Full Time Opening
- DAY SHIFT has starting times staggered from 5:30am til 12:30pm.
- 10 hour shifts or 8 hour shifts available
- Great location in Lake View!
- Accessible by Public Transportation
What You Will Do:
- The Registered Nurse in the PACU assumes primary responsibility for the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care for assigned patients.
- This Registered Nurse will also plan and set goals which demonstrate a holistic approach to patients and families. They will assume leadership responsibilities at the unit level and demonstrate a mastery of clinical skills.
The Advocate Nurse uses evidence-based practice, clinical decision making, compassion and skilled dialogue to lead efforts to create the safest patient environment and the best patient experience.
The Advocate Nurse delivers and coordinates patient-centered care across the continuum to support the successful transition of patients to other healthcare delivery systems or their home communities.
The Advocate Nurse is responsible for providing and coordinating comprehensive patient care through the appropriate utilization of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation, in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures.
- Patient-Centered Wholistic Care: The Advocate Nurse is culturally sensitive and engaged with the beliefs and values of diverse populations. Nurses engage with inter-professional colleagues to deliver exemplary care. Lifelong relationships with patients and families develop to support achievement of health goals.
- Clinical Excellence: The Advocate Nurse contributes to inter-professional excellence which is represented by achieved clinical outcomes. Using evidence-based practice, clinical decision making, and skilled dialogue, nurses lead efforts to create the safest patient environment and the best patient experience.
- Leadership: The Advocate Nurse participates in leading healthcare transformation and the nursing profession with commitment, dedication, and expertise. Expressing vision, demonstrating accountability through shared governance, contributing to the profession, and coordinating inter-professional care are all characteristics of the registered nurse.
- Compassion: The Advocate Nurse demonstrates presence with patients and families, practices empathy, and supports spiritual needs and beliefs. The nurse demonstrates respect and dignity always, and their presence is essential during the most vulnerable times. Nurses promote relationship development with communities to create strong partnerships and to improve health outcomes of patients and communities served.
- Innovation: The Advocate Nurse contributes to the future delivery of care to patients and to systems that support nursing. They embody the characteristics of inquiry, adaptability, change, and continual development, through performance improvement, evidence-based practice, and research initiatives.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) and 1 year of PACU or ICU experience required.
- Current Illinois RN License
- Current CPR and ACLS Certification
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and different shifts in order to accommodate staffing
- Ability to share call responsibility
About Advocate Health Care
Advocate Health Care, named among the nation’s Top 5 large health systems based on quality by Truven Analytics, is the largest health system in Illinois and one of the largest health care providers in the Midwest. Advocate operates more than 250 sites of care, including 12 hospitals that encompass 11 acute care hospitals, the state’s largest integrated children’s network, the state’s largest emergency and Level I trauma network, one of the area’s largest home health care companies, and the region’s largest medical group. Advocate Health Care has 4 teaching hospitals and is a not-for-profit, mission-based health system affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the United Church of Christ.