Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, located on Chicago’s North Side, is one of the state’s largest, most comprehensive nonprofit medical centers. Illinois Masonic Medical Center offers a wide range of medical specialties and is nationally recognized for its medical expertise, use of the most innovative technologies and dedication to patient safety, quality and service. A commitment to community, medical education and ongoing clinical research affirms our mission of providing patients the highest quality care in Chicagoland, as illustrated by our many honors, including being named a 100 Top Hospital by Truven Health Analytics.
RN-GI Lab-Part Time (40 hours a pay period)
Hours scheduled Monday through Friday with one 8 hour Saturday shift every 5 weeks
Must be able to take 3-4 on-call shifts per month.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
As a Registered Nurse in the GI Lab, you will be responsible for providing nursing care to inpatient and outpatient population requiring GI procedures by preparing and assessing preoperatively and recovering postop in a team environment.
The Advocate Nurse uses evidence-based practice, clinical decision making, compassion and skilled dialogue to lead efforts to create the safest patient environment and the best patient experience.
The Advocate Nurse delivers and coordinates patient-centered care across the continuum to support the successful transition of patients to other healthcare delivery systems or their home communities.
The Advocate Nurse is responsible for providing and coordinating comprehensive patient care through the appropriate utilization of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation, in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Current Illinois RN license
- Current CPR. ACLS a plus but will be required to obtain
- Must possess at minimum 2 years critical care, telemetry or medical/surgical nursing experience
- Certification in your area of specialty once meeting eligibility requirements
- Successfully completes ECG course and annual exam
- Good communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Familiarity with patient care equipment
- Ability to work hours to accommodate staffing coverage
- Ability to transport objects, patients, and equipment
- Ability to respond quickly to patient needs and work at fast pace
- Work environment includes probability of exposure to adverse, hazardous, or unpleasant conditions while caring for the sick
- Ability to assist in evacuation of patients in the event of a fire or other disaster
- Routinely works with potentially infectious specimens and patients
- Ability to respond to patients in a timely manner and access all areas of the unit
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
About Advocate Health Care
Advocate Health Care, named among the nation’s Top 5 large health systems based on quality by Truven Analytics, is the largest health system in Illinois and one of the largest health care providers in the Midwest. Advocate operates more than 250 sites of care, including 12 hospitals that encompass 11 acute care hospitals, the state’s largest integrated children’s network, the state’s largest emergency and Level I trauma network, one of the area’s largest home health care companies, and the region’s largest medical group. Advocate Health Care has 4 teaching hospitals and is a not-for-profit, mission-based health system affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the United Church of Christ.