Advocate Medical Group is a physician-led medical group providing primary care, specialty services, medical imaging, outpatient services and community based medical practices throughout the Chicagoland and Bloomington/Normal.
3000 N. Halsted Chicago, IL
Certified Medical Assistant Qualifications:
- Bilingual in Spanish Preferred
- Graduate of a medical assistant program or successful completion of the
certification/registration exam. Current Medical Assistant Certification/Registration or the ability to become a Certified or Registered Medical Assistant within 4 months.
- Good communications skills. Experience using a keyboard and computers.
- Familiarity with equipment used in ambulatory care.
- Current CPR certification
- Ability to travel locally to multiple sites as needed.
- Ability to work in stressful conditions and difficult situations.
- Resilient and flexible in a changing environment.
- May be exposed to hazardous materials and life threatening diseases.
- Ability to cooperate and work with others and to make sound and timely decisions.
- Ability to work rotating shifts any day of the week.
- Ability to perform lifting/transfer activities related to patients as needed, ability to stoop/bend.
This requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement effective 08/01/2014. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case~by~case basis.
Certified Medical Assistant Job Duties:
The Certified Medical Assistant will support the OB/GYN and other ancillary departments in delivering quality health care to ambulatory patients and perform a variety of related tasks to promote continuity of care.
- Risk/Safety Compliance
- Clinical Support/Health Outcomes: Provides support in the delivery of quality clinical care
- Participates with team to deliver Patient~Centered Care and Service
- Health Information Management (HIM) and HIPAA standards: A complete and accurate hard copy and/or electronic medical record will be maintained for every individual who is evaluated or treated.
tisfaction and Service: Provides efficient, high~quality service to patients who arrive for appointments or who telephone or visit in person to request appointments or information on tests and procedures, bills and charges, referrals, and other matters.
Health Information Management (HIM) and HIPAA standards: A complete and accurate hard copy and/or electronic medical record will be maintained for every individual who is evaluated or treated within the medical group.
About Advocate Health Care
Advocate Health Care, named among the nation’s Top 5 large health systems based on quality by Truven Analytics, is the largest health system in Illinois and one of the largest health care providers in the Midwest. Advocate operates more than 250 sites of care, including 12 hospitals that encompass 11 acute care hospitals, the state’s largest integrated children’s network, the state’s largest emergency and Level I trauma network, one of the area’s largest home health care companies, and the region’s largest medical group. Advocate Health Care has 4 teaching hospitals and is a not-for-profit, mission-based health system affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the United Church of Christ.