Advocate BroMenn Medical Center, a 221-bed full-service, not-for-profit hospital located in Normal, is one of the most advanced acute care facilities in central Illinois. From its beautiful atrium lobby to its state-of-the-art tower for critical care and obstetrics patients, the medical center's services encompass a wide range of acute, outpatient, rehabilitative and preventative health care.
REGISTERED NURSE in EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT
ADVOCATE BROMENN MEDICAL CENTER in Bloomington-Normal, Illinois
Magnet designation for excellence in nursing - since 2017
- SHIFT: .6FTE, 7pm-7am (two 12-hours shifts/week)
- BroMenn Emergency Department:
- Level II Trauma Center
- 26-beds divided into 3 MAIN ZONES: (1). Trauma/Higher Risk, (2). Psych, (3). General Medicine
- Strong teamwork environment
- BroMenn Medical Center
- Part of the Advocate Health Care system - Named Top 15 Best Places to Work in Illinois and Top 10 in Diversity and Inclusion for Hospitals and Health Systems.
- Advocate BroMenn offers a robust Education Assistance Program, one of the most competitive in Central Illinois!!
- Advocate is employer of choice for more than 35,000 associates
- Competitive benefits
- Advancement and professional growth opportunities
- Visit www.advocatehealth.com/bromenn-awards-and-honors for more great achievements!
THE ADVOCATE NURSE:
- Uses evidence-based practice, clinical decision making, compassion and skilled dialogue, the registered nurse leads efforts to create the safest patient environment and the best patient experience.
- Delivers and coordinates patient-centered care across the continuum to support the successful transition of patients to other healthcare delivery systems or their home communities.
- Is responsible for providing and coordinating comprehensive patient care through the appropriate utilization of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation, in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE CONSIDERED:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- BSN preferred or
- ADN degree with agreement to enroll in BSN completion program within two years of hire date and to be completed within five years of hire date.
- Current Illinois RN license
- Current CPR
- Minimum 1 year of experience: ED preferred; but will consider 1 year of Med Surg, Tele or ICU experience.
- Good communication skills
- Computer skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to respond to patients in a timely manner and access all areas of the unit
About Advocate Health Care
Advocate Health Care, named among the nation’s Top 5 large health systems based on quality by Truven Analytics, is the largest health system in Illinois and one of the largest health care providers in the Midwest. Advocate operates more than 250 sites of care, including 12 hospitals that encompass 11 acute care hospitals, the state’s largest integrated children’s network, the state’s largest emergency and Level I trauma network, one of the area’s largest home health care companies, and the region’s largest medical group. Advocate Health Care has 4 teaching hospitals and is a not-for-profit, mission-based health system affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the United Church of Christ.