[[erpAmount]][[erpAmount]]REGISTERED NURSE in Cardiovascular Care Unit (CVCU)
ADVOCATE BROMENN MEDICAL CENTER in Bloomington-Normal, Illinois
Magnet designation for excellence in nursing - since 2017
- Three 12HR Night shifts (7PM-7:30AM); 72HRS/PP
- Every 3rd weekend rotation
JOB and UNIT SUMMARY:
- 18-Bed, State-of-the-art Cardiovascular Care Unit
- Cases include: Cardiac diagnosis, acute MI, CHF, cardiac and vascular surgical recovery
- Specialty certification encouraged (i.e. CCRN) & enhanced Educational Program benefit
- Opportunities in Shared Governance Council, Unit Council, and unit based activities
- BroMenn is a 221 licensed-bed, Level II Trauma and Primary Stroke Center
- Part of the Advocate Health Care system - Named Top 15 Best Places to Work in Illinois and Top 10 in Diversity and Inclusion for Hospitals and Health Systems.
- Visit www.advocatehealth.com/bromenn-awards-and-honors for more great achievements!
THE ADVOCATE NURSE:
- Uses evidence-based practice, clinical decision making, compassion and skilled dialogue, the registered nurse leads efforts to create the safest patient environment and the best patient experience.
- Delivers and coordinates patient-centered care across the continuum to support the successful transition of patients to other healthcare delivery systems or their home communities.
- Is responsible for providing and coordinating comprehensive patient care through the appropriate utilization of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation, in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE CONSIDERED:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- BSN preferred or
- ADN degree with agreement to enroll in BSN completion program within two years of hire date and to be completed within five years of hire date.
- Current Illinois RN license
- Current CPR
- Minimum 1 year of experience: ED preferred; but will consider 1 year of Med Surg, Tele or ICU experience.
- Good communication skills
- Computer skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to respond to patients in a timely manner and access all areas of the unit