RN- Operating Room
Full time - days
* BroMenn is a Magnet Designated Facility in Nursing Excellence with enhanced Education Assistance.
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
· BSN preferred
· ADN acceptable with agreement to enroll in BSN completion program in two years to be completed in four / five years.
· Certifications/education required for the nursing specialty –
· Current Illinois RN license
· Current CPR
· Good communication skills
· Good computer skills
· Good time management and organizational skills
· Familiarity with patient care equipment
· Ability to work weekends, holidays, and different shifts in order to accommodate staffing
· Certain positions may need to take call
· Ability to transport objects, patients, and equipment
· Ability to respond quickly to patient needs and work at fast pace
· Work environment includes probability of exposure to adverse, hazardous, or unpleasant conditions while caring for the sick
· Ability to assist in evacuation of patients in the event of a fire or other disaster
· Routinely works with potentially infectious specimens and patients
· Ability to respond to patients in a timely manner and access all areas of the unit
· Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
JOIN ADVOCATE HEALTH CARE – RECOGNIZED AS ONE OF THE BEST PLACES TO WORK IN ILLINOIS!