For more than 35 years, Good Shepherd Hospital has served the community by providing quality, compassionate health care services to families throughout the northwest suburbs. Today, more than 700 physicians representing over 50 medical specialties have chosen to affiliate with Good Shepherd Hospital. Highly-skilled physicians and clinical professionals provide a comprehensive range of services including nationally acclaimed cardiovascular care, advanced surgical capabilities, emergency services backed by the resources of a level II trauma center and a state-of-the-art Birth Center. A nationally-recognized cancer program, a health & fitness center as well as an extensive range of outpatient services round out our health care program.
It’s more than a job, it’s a calling
Registered Nurse Endoscopy:
- Barrington, IL
- Day Shift 7:00am-3:30pm-Must be flexible to stay if cases run late. Every third Saturday rotation (8am-2:00pm). On Call rotation for evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays. On call radius of 30 minutes from Good Shepherd Hospital
- Full Time benefited
JOB and UNIT SUMMARY:
Using evidence based practice, clinical decision making, compassion and skilled dialogue, the registered nurse leads efforts to create the safest patient environment and the best patient experience. The nurse delivers and coordinates patient centered care across the continuum to support the successful transition of patients to other healthcare delivery systems or their home communities. The registered nurse is responsible for providing and coordinating comprehensive patient care through the appropriate utilization of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation, in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures.
The gastroenterology (GI) specialists and pulmonologists at Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital treat a wide range of diseases and conditions of the gastrointestinal and respiratory tract — the stomach, intestines, esophagus, liver, colon, and lungs.
Our physicians offer a breadth of knowledge and expertise on GI-related and pulmonary conditions. We address everything from heartburn, gallstones, colorectal cancers to lung cancers.
With timely, accurate diagnoses and advanced treatment methods, we help our patients stay disease-free and get back to their daily routine quickly.
Professional Growth: The registered nurse is committed to lifelong learning, building knowledge and skill sets to keep pace with new delivery models and a changing healthcare environment. This promotes practice to the full scope of their nursing license.
Patient Centered Wholistic Care: The registered nurse is culturally sensitive and engaged with the beliefs and values of diverse populations. Nurses engage with inter-professional colleagues to deliver exemplary care. Lifelong relationships with patients and families develop to support achievement of health goals.
Clinical Excellence: The registered nurse contributes to inter-professional excellence which is represented by achieved clinical outcomes. Using evidence based practice, clinical decision making, and skilled dialogue, nurses lead efforts to create the safest patient environment and the best patient experience.
Leadership: The registered nurse participates in leading healthcare transformation and the nursing profession with commitment, dedication, and expertise. Expressing vision, demonstrating accountability through shared governance, contributing to the profession, and coordinating inter-professional care are all characteristics of the registered nurse.
Compassion: The Advocate Nurse demonstrates presence with patients and families, practices empathy, and supports spiritual needs and beliefs. The nurse demonstrates respect and dignity always.
Innovation: The registered nurse contributes to the future delivery of care to patients and to systems that support nursing. They embody the characteristics of inquiry, adaptability, change, and continual development, through performance.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing preferred. ADN with agreement to enroll in BSN completion program in two years to be completed in five years, will be considered
- Have a minimum of one year experience as a Registered Nurse on a hospital based Medical, Surgical, telemetry or higher acuity/procedural unit
- Current Illinois RN license and CPR
- 4 hours or equivalent education activities of the annual CEUs shall be related to cerebrovascular disease, earning 10 continuing education credits annually
- BLS (American Heart Association)
- Possess strong communication skills, computer skills, time management & organizational skills
- Working knowledge of patient care equipment
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and different shifts in order to accommodate staffing
- Ability to transport objects, patients, and equipment
- Ability to respond quickly to patient needs and work at fast pace
- Work environment includes probability of exposure to adverse, hazardous, or unpleasant conditions while caring for the sick
- Ability to assist in evacuation of patients in the event of a fire or other disaster
- Routinely works with potentially infectious specimens and patients
- Ability to respond to patients in a timely manner and access all areas of the unit
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds constantly
- If position has direct patient care or direct patient contact the following lifting requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement effective 06/01/2015. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
About Advocate Health Care
Advocate Health Care, named among the nation’s Top 5 large health systems based on quality by Truven Analytics, is the largest health system in Illinois and one of the largest health care providers in the Midwest. Advocate operates more than 250 sites of care, including 12 hospitals that encompass 11 acute care hospitals, the state’s largest integrated children’s network, the state’s largest emergency and Level I trauma network, one of the area’s largest home health care companies, and the region’s largest medical group. Advocate Health Care has 4 teaching hospitals and is a not-for-profit, mission-based health system affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the United Church of Christ.