Diversity at Advocate
At Advocate Health Care, people are our inspiration and changing lives is our passion.
As a faith-based organization, we operate under the fundamental belief that each and every one of us is created in the image of God. As such, we work every day to foster and advance an inclusive culture that draws strength from our similarities while celebrating our differences. We know that diversity not only reflects the world in which we live, it helps to create a more dynamic, rewarding and engaging workplace for all.
We foster an inclusive environment through our Culture of Inclusion Committees.
Our Culture of Inclusion Committees (COI) are associate-led groups that serve as a resource for our sites. The COI committees promote an inclusive workplace by bringing our organizational strategy to life through Advocate’s mission, values, philosophy (MVP) and business practice. By leveraging the talents of our associates, we not only increase engagement, we are able to provide invaluable insights through which to serve our diverse patients and our communities.
Join us and let us show you how your unique experiences, talents, perspectives and viewpoints can enrich our organization and empower your career.
Awards and Achievements
- DiversityInc – 2016 Top 10 Hospitals and Health Systems
- Diversity MBA Magazine – 2016 Top 50 Best Companies
- Diversity MBA Magazine – 2016 50 Out Front List: Best Places for Women & Diverse Managers to Work
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation – HEI 2016 Leaders in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality
- Diversity MBA Magazine – 2016 Top 100 under 50 Diverse Executive & Emerging Leaders – Recognition for Andrew Lee, Psy. D., Vice President, Diversity & Inclusion Advocate Health Care and Ina Owens, Vice President, Office of Grants & Program Development Advocate Health Care.
- Diversity MBA Magazine – 2015 50 Out Front List: Best Places for Women & Diverse Managers to Work
- Diversity MBA Magazine – 2015 Top 100 Executives under 50 Diverse Executive & Emerging Leaders – Recognition for Minni Marwaha, MBA/MHA, Director, Specialty & Support Services, Advocate Children’s and Reginald Cantave, MHA, FACHE, PHO Director, Advocate Physician Partners.
- Chicago United – 2015 Business Leaders of Color – Recognition for Jason Spigner, Vice President, Human Resources – Advocate Condell Medical Center & Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital, Advocate Health Care.
- Chicago United – 2015 Bridge Award – Jim Skogsbergh, President and Chief Executive Officer of Advocate Health Care, recognized for demonstrated commitment to advancing diversity and inclusion within the health care industry.