Advanced Practice Nursing
At Advocate Health Care, Advanced Practice Nurses are a vital part of the exceptional care we provide. Our Advanced Practice Nurses take the art, science and practice of nursing to a whole new level. With advanced degrees in Nursing, these skilled health care professionals bring an enhanced set of clinical skills, knowledge, education and scope of expertise that help make an already exceptional Nursing team that much stronger.
A culture worthy of your talents and achievements
As an Advanced Practice Nurse, you've worked hard to earn your advanced practice professional credentials — achieving a level of excellence that deserves a culture of excellence to match. Six of our Advocate hospitals have been designated as Magnet institutions (the highest recognition given for Nursing excellence), and the remaining sites have begun the journey to ensure maintenance of the highest standards of Nursing excellence. Our objective is to always ensure that Advocate is a destination where all Nurses can learn, grow and thrive in an inspired environment committed to the best patient care.
Here, you'll have a unique opportunity to work alongside some of the most talented physicians and health professionals in a truly collaborative environment. You'll play a critical role in providing continuity of care, communication and patient education and have the opportunity to participate in implementing innovative and leading practices, such as the development and implementation of our Heart Failure Recovery Center and Respiratory Care Clinic.
As an Advocate Advanced Practice Nurse, you will enjoy:
- Having a direct impact on improving the patient's transition from the hospital to post-discharge care — ultimately assisting in reducing readmissions
- Working collaboratively with RNs on a daily basis, encouraging them to investigate evidence-based practices and foster an environment where Nurses go to the literature to improve their practice
- Identifying the learning needs of staff nurses and collaborating with unit-based educators and the Education department to provide offerings designed to increase the Staff Nurses' ability to effectively manage care across a continuum in order to ensure positive patient outcomes
- Opportunities for mobility and advancement that only the largest fully integrated health care system in the Midwest can provide
- Participating in various councils, such as the Research Council to enrich Nursing practice, and the APN Council, which directly impacts APN practices at their hospital
- Engaging with professional Nursing organizations to stay connected with leading practices and professional growth
- The opportunity to establish partnerships with community-based entities (Home Health, Skilled Nursing Facilities) to meet the health care needs of the populations served
- Comprehensive and generous benefits package, including tuition reimbursement